We made a brief but productive visit to the allotment on Sunday evening. After a bit of minor weeding we set about constructing a wigwam – traditional mind you, all poles and twine. I troweled a hole (no dibber) and Tea Stew dropped two lovely little beans into each. Here’s hoping for magic beanstalks (of the mange tout variety).
We also dug a straight row next to it and sowed some beetroot (Boltardy). We were only there for 2 hours but it was a real sense of achievement to finally get something in the ground. The other half of the allotment is so weedy the soil is not yet visible, which you can sort of see in the top left of the picture, so plenty of toil still to be done.